Pets are a beloved part of many families. However, they can significantly impact the indoor air quality in your Crystal River, FL home. Check out some ways pets affect your indoor air quality and how you can reduce those effects.
1. Pets Can Cause Allergies and Asthma Attacks
Allergens from pets, such as fur, dander and saliva, can cause allergies and asthma attacks in some people. If you’re allergic to pets, it’s crucial to keep them out of your bedroom and other areas where you spend a lot of time.
2. Pets Can Increase Dust and Dander
Dust and dander are two of the biggest causes of poor indoor air quality. Pets can increase the levels of both of these substances in your home. Pet hair can also get caught in air filters, necessitating frequent HVAC repairs in Crystal River, FL.
3. Pets Can Track in Dirt and Mud
Pets can track in dirt and mud from outside, which can then be tracked throughout the house. This can create a mess and increase dust and allergens in your home.
4. Pets May Bring Fleas or Other Parasites
If you don’t keep your pets groomed and parasite-free, they may bring fleas or other parasites into your home. These parasites can cause serious health problems for you and the people you live with. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom and other areas where you spend a lot of time.
- Brush your pet’s coat regularly.
- Vacuum regularly and dust often to reduce the levels of pet dander in your home.
- Use an air purifier to remove allergens, dust and pet dander from the air.
If you’re concerned about the impact of pets on your indoor air quality, contact us at Senica Air Conditioning for air purification services. We can help you keep your home healthy and comfortable.
Image provided by iStock