The almighty dollar isn’t so almighty when you’re throwing away money on energy costs every month. The good news is that energy saving tips are generally pretty easy to come by. In fact, we have eight great tips to get you started right here:
Energy Saving Tips for Your Home
- Install a programmable thermostat – If you haven’t done this already, this is the first thing you should do. A programmable thermostat allows you to control when your HVAC system shuts on and off. Pick up a WiFi model and you can even use your phone to make adjustments.
- Switch out your bulbs – To save money instantly, replace most or all of your traditional light bulbs with more efficient types like LEDs or CFLs. These newer bulbs all use considerably less energy.
- Turn down the water heater – Many homeowners leave the water heater at the manufacturer setting of 140 degrees, which is higher than necessary. A few degrees lower will save energy and you won’t likely be able to notice the difference.
- Use Energy Star appliances – As much as possible, you should only be using appliances that have been certified by Energy Star. If you really want to make an impact to your energy savings, check out the Most Efficient category.
- Lower the thermostat – Just like your water heater, if you lower your home’s overall temperature a bit, the only real difference you’re likely to see will be on your energy bill.
- Seal air leaks – Air leakage through doorways, windows, disjointed ducts and everywhere else can be quite a drain on your HVAC system, forcing it to work harder than it needs to.
- Home evaluation – Hire an HVAC technician to perform an evaluation of your energy needs and maybe even an air blower test to pinpoint your problem areas and make suggestions.
- Install a renewable energy source – Installation of solar or geothermal energy is becoming quite popular. The initial cost may be high, but the benefits are great.
For more expert energy saving tips, or other home comfort issues, please don’t hesitate to contact the friendly experts at Senica Air Conditioning, Inc.. We’ve been serving the heating and cooling needs of Tampa and surrounding areas since 1992.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com