Is your air conditioner ready to keep your home cool and comfortable this year? Before you even think about turning your system on for the season, it’s extremely important that you schedule an A/C checkup and perform a few routine maintenance procedures of your own. This will ensure that your cooling equipment will work when you need it most, and will continue to operate efficiently and effectively all throughout the summer months.
What to Expect From a Professional A/C Checkup
A professional HVAC contractor should conduct a thorough inspection of your air conditioning system once a year. It’s always best to schedule a checkup before the summer begins to ensure that your equipment won’t give you trouble on the hottest day of the year. During a professional A/C checkup, your technician should:
- Verify that your thermostat is functioning properly
- Tighten all electrical connections and inspect them for safety
- Lubricate moving parts to ensure that the system operates smoothly and efficiently
- Clean the system’s evaporator and condenser coils
- Measure for proper refrigerant levels
- Inspect the condensate drain for any clogs
- Clean and adjust the blower components
- Verify that the system is operating correctly and safely
Steps to Take on Your Own
In addition to a professional A/C checkup, there are a few things that you can do to keep your equipment operating at peak performance levels.
- Your air filter should be checked and either cleaned or changed before its first seasonal usage, and once a month throughout the summer. A dirty or clogged filter is one of the leading causes of air conditioner failure, so staying on top of this particular task can help to extend your equipment’s life.
- Clear debris away from the outdoor condensing unit.
- Ensure that none of your home’s vents are closed, or blocked by furniture.
Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your A/C checkup. Get in touch with the experts at Senica Air Conditioning, Inc., Inc today. We’ve been providing heating and cooling services to residents of the Tampa-Clearwater-St. Petersburg area since 1993.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com