As temperatures continue to rise in Brookesville, Florida, you want to make sure your AC is in perfect condition to deal with the heat that will descend over the next few months. But what exactly does an AC tuneup entail? Take a look at the items below.
Your AC Tuneup Should Include the Items on This List
- A thorough cleaning — An HVAC technician should clean the evaporator and condenser coils of your air conditioner. Over time, accumulated dust makes the system run longer and interferes with efficiency. Your technician might also clean the blower to maximize airflow.
- Refrigerant level check — Too much or too little refrigerant can affect the pressure in the system and lessen your unit’s cooling capacity.
- System components check — Your technician will check your electrical connections, safety controls, starting cycle, condensate drain, and other components that make your system run smoothly. If any minor repairs or adjustments are needed, your technician should do these as part of the tuneup.
- Lubrication — When moving parts of the AC unit don’t have enough lubrication, they cause friction and can place excessive strain on the system.
- Filter change — Your filter has to be changed regularly to make sure your air conditioner stays in good shape.
- Duct inspection — During the tuneup, your technician might look for any issues with ducts that need to be resealed or cleaned.
- Thermostat check — Your technician should do a full run-through on your thermostat to make sure it is properly calibrated to your unit.
Why Should You Get a Tuneup?
Each one of the above items represents an area of vulnerability that could compromise your air conditioner without you realizing it. A full tuneup will give you peace of mind. It will also enhance your air conditioner’s performance, increase its longevity, and maximize its energy efficiency.
Seneca Air Conditioning’s preventative maintenance checks are thorough and comprehensive. We strive for excellence in our services and prioritize your well-being and the health of your HVAC system. If your AC needs some care, give us a call today at 866-881-5935.
Image provided by Shutterstock